California Music Lawyer (Contracts, Copyrights & Beats)
Music matters in California. According to data provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), there are tens of thousands of people primarily employed as “musicians and singers” in California and many others employed in different aspects of the industry. By far, the most of any state.
At Scott • Wagner and Associates, our California music lawyers have the professional skills and legal knowledge that you can count on to effectively protect your best interest. For your strictly confidential consultation with an experienced California music lawyer, please contact us today.
We Provide Comprehensive Music Law Services in California
A broad term, music law is a specialized area of legal practice focused on the unique issues that affect artists, bands, record labels, and other professionals/companies within the industry. Our California music lawyers help clients with a wide variety of legal matters. Music law services we provide in California include:
- Music Contracts: Contracts are at the basis of commercial relationships in music. Our firm reviews the full spectrum of music industry contracts, including band contracts, management/agency agreements, distribution agreements, songwriter-producer agreements, and 360 deals. To learn more, contact our California music contract lawyers today.
- Copyrights (Lyrics, Compositions, Beats, etc): Music is a form of intellectual property. You can hold a copyright over both a musical record and a song composition—meaning everything from lyrics to beats can be copyrighted. If you have any questions, reach out to our California music copyright lawyers for immediate legal help.
- Music Licensing and Royalties: Our California music lawyers have the skills and experience to assist clients with all types of music licensing issues, including the structure of royalty agreements. In music, a royalty payment is made to a copyright holder in exchange for the reproduction of a protected song/composition. Royalty payments are generally based on use—meaning the more a track is played, the higher the payment. Though, flat-fee licensing structures are also used in some circumstances.
How Our California Music Lawyers Can Help Establish and Protect Your Rights
Music law is notoriously complex. At Scott • Wagner and Associates, we are proud to provide personalized legal guidance and support to clients across the music industry. Our firm is focused on proactive representation. Among other things, our California music lawyers will:
- Hear your story and answer your questions during a confidential consultation;
- Review any agreement(s) and gather any supplemental information that you need; and
- Help determine what you need to do next to best protect your rights and interests.
Consult With Our California Music Law Attorneys Today
At Scott • Wagner and Associates, our California music lawyers have experience with a wide range of legal matters in the music industry. If you have any questions about your rights or your options, we are more than happy to help. Give us a call now or send us a direct message online to arrange your fully confidential consultation with a California music law attorney, including in Los Angeles, Hollywood, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, and Oakland.