Los Angeles Music Lawyer (Contracts, Copyrights & Beats)
Los Angeles is the entertainment capital of the world. Not only is Los Angeles home to Hollywood and many of the country’s largest record producers, but the city has a vibrant and fast-growing live music scene—with venues such as the Hollywood Bowl, the El Rey Theatre, and The Wiltern.
At Scott • Wagner and Associates, our Los Angeles music lawyers are knowledgeable, experienced advocates for musicians and other players in the music industry. If you have questions about your rights or your options, we can help. Contact us today to arrange your initial consultation.
Music Law Services We Provide in Los Angeles, California
Music law is a specialized field of legal practice that blends elements of entertainment law, contract law, and copyright law. With a commitment to providing personalized advice and support to music industry professionals and music companies in Los Angeles, our firm helps clients with a wide array of legal matters. Along with other issues, our Los Angele music lawyers can assist you with:
- Contract Review: Commercial relationships in the music industry are often formed based on written contracts. A music industry contract should not be signed until you fully understand the terms, conditions, and implications. Too many parties, musicians and companies alike, fail to get their contract reviewed by an experienced Los Angeles music lawyer. We will make sure that your agreement is properly drafted. If you need a music contract reviewed, our Los Angeles music law attorneys can help.
- Copyrights (Lyrics, Compositions, Beats, etc): You can own and control a copyright over the lyrics to a song, the composition/beat of a song, or all elements of a song. Our Los Angeles, CA music lawyers help clients establish, promote, and protect their copyright. For more information, reach out to our Los Angeles music copyright lawyers.
- Music Licensing and Royalties: A licensing agreement is a contract between an intellectual property owner (copyright holder) and another party. In the context of music law, most licensing agreements give one party the right to reproduce a work. The copyright holder receives a royalty payment in exchange for letting the other party use their lyrics, beats, or song.
How Our Los Angeles Music Law Attorneys Can Help
Music law is complicated. At Scott • Wagner and Associates, we help clients navigate a wide array of music industry matters—with a commitment to protecting their rights and interests. Among other things, our Los Angeles music law attorneys are ready to:
- Conduct a personalized review and evaluation of your case;
- Review any documents, records, or agreements that you have; and
- Advise you on the next steps to take to help you secure the best outcome.
Contact Our Los Angeles Music Lawyers Today
At Scott • Wagner and Associates, our Los Angeles music law attorneys provide comprehensive legal representation—from copyrights and intellectual property issues to music licensing agreements and other contracts. Call us today to arrange your strictly confidential, no obligation case evaluation. We provide music law representation in Los Angeles and throughout Southern California.