Oakland Severance Agreement Lawyer
At Scott Wagner and Associates, P.A., our Oakland severance agreement lawyers represent clients with passion, integrity, and professionalism. We help clients with the full range of severance agreement issues, from negotiation to litigation. If you have questions about your rights or your options, our team will get you answers. To arrange a strictly confidential consultation with an experienced Oakland severance agreement lawyer, please do not hesitate to reach out to us today.
Severance Agreements in California: What Employees Should Know
A severance agreement (severance package) is a legally binding contract between an employee and employer. In general, a severance agreement will offer the departing employee some form of compensation and in exchange the employee will agree not to take legal action against the employer. Here three things that employees in Oakland, CA should know about severance packages and severance pay:
- Severance pay is not guaranteed under California law. No state or federal labor regulations guarantee severance benefits. Your employer does not have to provide you with severance pay.
- Every severance package is subject to negotiation. You are not required to accept the severance agreement that your employer presents to you. Employees have the right to ask for additional compensation.
- A severance agreement will almost certainly require an employee to forgo certain rights. At the very least, your employer is likely to include a provision that releases the company from liability. Make sure you understand what you are giving up before signing an agreement.
You should not feel pressured into signing a severance agreement that you do not fully understand. If you are considering bringing an employment claim against a company, do not accept severance without speaking to an attorney. An experienced Oakland employment lawyer can review the terms of the contract and explain the implications.
Why Trust the Oakland Employment Attorneys at Our Office
Severance agreements are complicated. Before you sign any such contract, make sure that you are getting fair value for what you are giving up. At Scott Wagner and Associates, P.A., we negotiate, draft, review, and litigate severance agreements. When you reach out to our firm, you will be able to speak to an Oakland severance agreement attorneys who will:
- Review your case and explain your legal rights;
- Gather all relevant evidence and information; and
- Take the appropriate action to protect your rights.
We know that no two employment law cases are exactly the same. You deserve personal attention from an Oakland severance agreement attorney who will put in the energy and resources to understand your needs and handle your case properly.
Contact Our Oakland, CA Severance Agreement Lawyers for Immediate Legal Help
At Scott Wagner and Associates, P.A., our Oakland employment attorneys have extensive experience advising clients with severance agreements. If you have any questions about severance agreements or your legal rights, we are more than qualified to help. Contact us now for a confidential, no commitment consultation. Our law firm helps workers with severance agreements and related issues in Oakland and throughout Alameda County.