Oakland Wage & Hour Lawyer
At Scott Wagner and Associates, P.A., our Oakland wage and hour lawyers are aggressive, solutions-focused advocates for employees. Our law firm helps clients navigate the employment claims process. If you believe that your wage and hour rights were violated, we are more than ready to help. For a completely confidential consultation with an experienced Oakland wage & hour lawyer, please call us today.
An Overview of Wage and Hour Claims We Handle in Alameda County
Wage and hour laws help to ensure that workers receive full and fair pay for their contributions to a business or organization. Unfortunately, not all employers comply with their wage and hour obligations. We handle the full range of wage and hour claims in Alameda County. Our Oakland employment lawyers have experience with:
- Unpaid Overtime: Federal law requires employers to pay an overtime rate (1.5x) to non-exempt employees who work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week. If you believe that your overtime rights were violated, call our Oakland wage and hour attorneys for help.
- Minimum Wage Violations: A minimum wage is owed under state and federal law. As of 2020, the minimum wage in California is $12.00 per hour or $13.00 per hour, depending on the size of the employer.
- Last Paycheck: Last paycheck regulations ensure that employees receive their wages in a prompt manner. If your company never sent a final paycheck or failed to pay wages more generally, our Oakland attorneys can help.
- Missed Meal Breaks & Rest Breaks: Many employees are entitled to meal breaks and rest breaks under California state law. Through a wage and hour claim, an Oakland employer can be held responsible for violating meal/rest best break requirements.
Why Rely On the Oakland Wage and Hour Lawyers at Scott Wagner and Associates, P.A.
Wage and hour claims are complicated. At Scott Wagner and Associates, P.A., we have a deep understanding of the relevant laws, including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and California state labor regulations. When you contact our firm, you will have an opportunity to consult with an
Oakland wage and hour attorney who can:
- Conduct a comprehensive, confidential review of your wage and hour claim;
- Investigate the case—securing the evidence you need to move forward; and
- Take legal action focused on getting you the financial compensation you deserve.
The specific facts of the case always matter. We are committed to handling wage and hour claims with a personal touch. Our Oakland, California employment lawyers provide zealous, results-driven representation to each and every client.
Call Our Oakland Wage and Hour Lawyers for Immediate Help
At Scott Wagner and Associates, P.A., our Oakland wage and hour claims attorneys are skilled, reliable advocates for employees and their families. If you have any questions or concerns about wage and hour claims, we can help. Contact our firm today for a strictly confidential, no obligation case evaluation. We handle wage and hour claims in Oakland and throughout the surrounding region in Alameda County.