San Francisco Employment Lawyer
One of the most important professional associations you will ever participate in is the employer-employee relationship, so it stands to reason that you will face employment law issues at some point during your career. While it is true that individuals and companies do enjoy common ground in many areas, competing interests can lead to disputes in certain situations. The California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) and other federal and state statutes address the interests of employers and employees, but the complex legal concepts can be overwhelming.
At Scott Wagner and Associates, P.A., our lawyers are committed to helping you navigate the complicated employment law topics that affect your rights. We have decades of combined experience advocating on behalf of both employees and employers, so we are ready to protect your interests. Please contact our firm to schedule a consultation with a San Francisco employment lawyer, and read on about our legal service areas.
Representation in a Wide Range of Employment Law Cases
While both state and federal laws protect employees in the work environment, California’s statutes are more expansive. The anti-discrimination provisions of FEHA cover businesses with five or more workers, while US statutes apply to larger companies with at least 15 employees. Our team can assist with many different types of cases, including:
- Employer violations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation laws;
- Employment agreements and severance contracts;
- Restrictive covenants, including noncompete, nonsolicitation, and confidentiality agreements;
- Hostile work environment and quid pro quo sexual harassment matters;
- Employee misclassification;
- Wage and hour laws;
- Overtime and exemption laws;
- Whistleblower actions;
- Charges and hearings before the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC);
- Wrongful termination claims; and,
- Many other issues that arise under federal and California employment laws.
In addition, our lawyers also advise companies on employment law matters. We can help create employee manuals, set up payroll policies, establish standards for training and compliance, develop job descriptions, and many other topics.
Our Team Can Assist with Essential Legal Tasks
At Scott Wagner and Associates, P.A., our attorneys are dedicated to delivering quality services to both employees and employers. The specifics will vary depending upon your objectives and circumstances, but you can count on us for help with:
- Investigating employer-employee disputes;
- Drafting employment agreements;
- Reviewing an employment, severance, or other contract presented to you;
- Completing paperwork for filing a charge with EEOC and/or DFEH;
- Responding to employee allegations and charges of misconduct;
- Mediation, hearings, and other proceedings before the EEOC and/or DFEH;
- Settlement discussions to resolve disputes; and,
- Filing a lawsuit in court if settlement negotiations are unsuccessful.
Speak to a San Francisco Employment Law Attorney About Your Rights
If you have questions or want to know more about your rights under California employment laws, please contact Scott Wagner and Associates, P.A today. We can set up a case evaluation with an experienced lawyer at our offices in San Francisco, CA. Once we review your circumstances, we can discuss legal strategies and advise you on how to proceed.