San Jose Employment Lawyer
The employer-employee relationship is one of the most fundamental associations, which is why employment law matters can carry high stakes for individuals and organizations. While companies and workers have many similar goals in terms of seeking success, other diverging interests can lead to disputes. While the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) and other federal and state laws contain protections for parties in the employment context, the complicated provisions leave many wondering about their legal options.
At Scott Wagner and Associates, P.A., our firm is dedicated to advocating for those who encounter challenges in the employment environment. We have extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of the relevant laws, so we are prepared to represent both employers and employees. Please contact us to set up a consultation with a San Jose employment lawyer, and read on for some information on our legal services.
Comprehensive Representation in Employment Law Matters
FEHA and federal laws protect the rights of employees in the workplace, but the California laws offer more extensive safeguards for workers. Many anti-discrimination provisions cover a larger number of employers in the state, since FEHA applies to companies with five or more workers as opposed to 15 or more employees for federal laws. We represent employees in connection with:
- Civil rights violations, including discrimination, harassment, and retaliation;
- Hostile work environment and quid pro quo sexual harassment;
- Employment contracts and severance agreements;
- Noncompete clauses and other restrictive covenants;
- Charges with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH);
- Employee misclassification;
- Wage and hour laws, overtime, and exemptions;
- Whistleblower cases;
- Wrongful termination; and,
- Many other employment law issues.
Our team also tackles the tough employment law matters California employers encounter, including drafting employee handbooks, establishing measures for workplace training, crafting job descriptions, and many others.
How a San Jose Employment Lawyer Protects Your Rights
The nature of our representation will depend upon your position as employee or employer, the specific facts, and many other variables. However, our team at Scott Wagner and Associates, P.A. is ready to deliver quality legal services as necessary to promote your interests. We can assist by:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating employment contracts;
- Addressing employer-employee disputes;
- Preparing forms and paperwork to file charges with the EEOC and/or DFEH;
- Responding to EEOC/DFEH charges filed by employees;
- Representing parties at mediation sessions and other aspects of the administrative process;
- Negotiating settlement to resolve employment related disputes; and,
- Filing the necessary documents in court, if the parties are unable to reach a settlement.
Contact a San Jose Employment Law Attorney to Discuss Your Options
While this general overview may be useful in describing the basics, you definitely need more personalized information regarding your rights and remedies under California employment laws. You can trust our team at Scott Wagner and Associates, P.A. to advise you, so please contact our San Jose offices to set up a case evaluation with one of our experienced lawyers. Once we learn more about your circumstances and objectives, we can determine a strategy for moving forward.